Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Monday, August 5, 2013

My New Official Personalized Stamp!

Guatemalans love their stamps. So to further my integration (and just because it's cool) I had a personalized stamp made and now I fit right in with my counterpart the superintendent and the principals (at least official stamp-wise).

I love it I want to start stamping everything. I ordered my stamp with Farah and compairing them afterwards reminded us of the business card scene in American Psycho: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y
Well that mixed with pure joy and stamping almost everything in sight.


 Licda. is short for Licenciada which means that I graduated from college. This title has a lot of pull since there are very few people who have graduated from college and when there is they are always introduced as Licenciado/a.


 While most directors have a wooden stamp and an ink pad my stamp is self-inking and it pops out of that black rectangle on the right all ready to go.


 I am still looking for more pieces of paper which I can put my official stamp on. Sometimes I sign and stamp the schools' attendance book along with the teachers when I visit. I also sign and stamp the baseline surveys that I am currently completing in all of my schools.

7 comments:

  1. Cool Meg. I can relate completely. I've harbored a secret desire to be a notary. I'll be stamping with you in spirit! Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, A bureaucrat in the making. Go easy on the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the stamp is very cool. Happy stamping! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Your stamp is truly impressive, Licda Megan Compaine. So official!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice... and it reminds me of a tattoo...or when kids write on their hands at a certain age...!! I am impressed by your importance there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have shared a wonderful stamp. Thank you so much

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete