Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Panajachel and Lake Atitlan

The Peace Corp's Volunteer Advisory Council planned a weekend in Panajachel a little tourist town on lake Atitlan in the department of Solola for us. It was part a welcome party for us new volunteers and part a despedida (going away party) for the volunteers who are going to COS (close of service) in the next couple of months. There were over 50 of us there in total. Saturday they chartered a boat to take all of us around the lake for four hours. Unfortunately I came down with a mild case of food poisoning and for much of the weekend had to stick close to the hostel. Needless to say I was bummed. I didn't get to go on the boat ride, but I did buy some fabric from the market after much bargaining, sat with my feet in the cool water, and enjoyed hanging out with the other PCVs.
Just a couple of us
Business must be good 
Barbies in traje! 

5 comments:

  1. Barbies in traje! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful setting. Sounds like a good outing, minus the food poisoning part. What are you going to do with the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to use one as a tablecloth and one as a table runner. Or I might hang one on my wall!

      Delete
    2. Nice. PS love the two added pics.

      Delete
  3. The lake looks lovely and very inviting. 50 PCV's in Guatemala?? I wouldn't have thought! You could also start on a quilt with your fabric, Meg. Ann & I were just working on the wedding quilt yesterday. Kathy.

    ReplyDelete