Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Post St. Patrick's Day


My St. Patrick's Day came and went without the usual celebrations and greenery. Except for my breakfast. My town is mostly Evangelical but I don't think that even the Christians celebrate St. Patty's day here. So I made my favorite breakfast which just happens to be totally green. 

My recipe for Green Eggs (minus the ham because I don't have a fridge):
Put a lot of spinach in a blender - I have the magic bullet small blender so I just fill that up
Add 3-4 egg whites (or fewer whole eggs)
Blend
Cook
Enjoy! 

It's a great way to get in your veggies! I also like to add Chia seeds for a little bonus. 

I also like to accompany most of my meals with guacamole. It is finally starting to be avocado season here so nice ripe avocados cost about 1Quetzal each (13 cents!). 

4 comments:

  1. Looks so healthy but what, no tortillas? You cook it in a frying pan, right? And the color stays so bright! perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I heard on TV last week that it is officially St. Paddy's Day, not St. Patty's Day.. after all these years a real shocker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe add a slice of tomato or some red peppers and then you can also call this a Christmas dish. Healthy and versatile. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegetables and eggs for breakfast. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete