Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Feliz Día Del Niño - Happy Kid's Day

Happy Children's Day! Today, October 1, is Children's Day here in Guatemala. If you have learned anything about the Guatemalan school system from my blogs you will already know that of course they took the day off from classes and just celebrated. All morning. The kids in the school that I went to did a "marathon." They all ran down the one big road that wasn't blocked off or with any other kind of protection. I did not participate in the run this time. I was mainly there to collect the teachers' corrected lesson plans that I had them write for a project (more on this later). They rest of the morning (the school day ends at 12:30) they got to play games with friends while the teachers put on loud music with a large speaker. I unfortunately forgot my camera, but if you haven't read it yet, you can check out my blog post from last year by clicking HERE where we went on an excursion into the woods to play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment