Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Dr. Jill Biden Came to Visit Peace Corps Guatemala

On Tuesday, March 3rd while her husband was meeting with the Central American Presidents in the capital, Dr. Jill Biden the 2nd lady visited the Peace Corps headquarters. She, along with the first lady of Guatemala met with a local womens' group.


Luckily enough for me I just happened to be in the office that day taking my last language proficiency interview (I got mid-advanced!). I was able to listen in on her meeting with the womens' group. Afterwords she came out to talk to the PCVs in the office and take a group picture with us. I was originally told that she had only 7 minutes to meet with us and that there would be no picture, but she was very nice and didn't seem too rushed. It was also special because there was such a small group in the office.

The left behind little souvenirs - presidential M&Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment