Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Antigua Weekend

This past weekend all of the Peace Corps trainees (we officially swear in this Friday!) Got a free night out in Antigua. It was so much fun to just be able to hang out with my new friends and to get to just be tourists in this beautiful city. We started Saturday morning off with a short Salsa dancing class. Learning how to Salsa dance is on my Guatemala bucket list. The rest of the day we just hung out and then enjoyed the Antigua nightlife. A group of us went out to Italian food for dinner and Texas BBQ for lunch the next day. I don't at all feel bad about doing this, because the rest of the time I am eating puro Guatemalteco food (usually involving beans and tortillas).
On Sunday a bunch of us hiked up "Cerro de la Cruz" which has a beautiful overlook of all of Antigua with el Volcan de Agua in the background. I highly recommend going here. (Group picture to be added later)
New England goes to Guatemala. From left to right: Kendra, Nicole, me, Kelley
The volcano due Agua is directly behind the cross in the background 

No comments:

Post a Comment