Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Xela is Also Happy

By now I'm sure that those of you in the States have seen a plethora of those Pharrell Williams Happy videos. Well here is one more that is just so happy I couldn't help it. Xela (pronounced Shea-la) is the official nickname for the department of Quetzaltenango in Guatemala. Xela is much easier to pronounce than Quetzaltenango, don't you think? There are some great views of Xela in this video. It is like a mini musical tour. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93raztH6lYQ    


4 comments:

  1. Where were we when this was filmed? I would have been happy to add my moves.
    I do recognize some of the locations. Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun video - thanks for sharing Megan. I wish they had captured the happy people on a camuneta. I want to go back to Xela! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see how international it has become. For April 15 David was featured in a Jib Jab Happy Video and yesterday at Mir's school the kids all performed it as part of a sing along on Grandparents Day. It makes us all feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I'm slow to respond to this one. Oops. Thanks for posting this fun video. My favorite part is the couple on the park bench at the end.

    ReplyDelete