Healthy Schools Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala since February 2013

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Skydrone Pictures of Antigua

One of my Guatemalan friends has a skydrone with a good camera. I accompanied him one weekend to take some pictures of Antigua and San Felipe de Jesus (a small town 2km outside of Antigua). It was a fun trip and we got some good pictures from a little-seen viewpoint. Once again I love the lack of enforced rules here in Guatemala. In the U.S. I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to fly things over national monuments. But not here. Luckily for us this allowed for some great shots. 

San Felipe de Jesus Church
La Merced Church
La Merced Church I love this view because you can see the attached courtyard and fountain which is my favorite
peaceful spot in Antigua
Arch Street
Arch Street Volcano "Agua" in the background

Check out more skydrone pictures on:
Youtube
Instagram: skydronegt

4 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right--these are stunning shots from a perspective that we haven't seen before. It's strange to see the spot where we were sitting overlooking the fountain at La Merced. I think I see a drone in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great photos. Is the drone camera easy to use? How can you tell you're getting the shot you want? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed fairly simple to use - I didn't fly it for fear of crashing. On the controller there is a screen so you can see what the shot is going to be.

      Delete